Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Great Year For Basil

While much of our yard looks pretty awful from the very hot summer, the basil is thriving.  I have two plants that are waist high and look like a shrub!  So what's a girl to do except make pesto.  A lot of pesto.  I found this wonderful recipe for a slightly healthier version here at SkinnyTaste.com.


This is the smaller plant, used almost daily and still over 3 feet tall!


Cleaned and ready.


Don't forget, the simple recipe is here.


This is four batches.  I like to freeze them in mini muffin tins.

Wrapped in foil to prevent pesto flavored ice cream and ice cubes.



Pull the foil off, pop them out and reuse the foil to wrap the individual discs of pesto.  I know in February I will be so glad that I have done this! 




1 comment:

  1. YUM!!! I love this post- the pictures are beautiful, and I love the idea to freeze them in muffin tins. So smart.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete